HUMBLE ROOTS & FAMILY LIFE
Jon Draud learned hard work from his mom and dad, a waitress and bartender respectively. Neither of Jon’s parents graduated from high school, but they used their energy and persistence to overcome any hardship life threw their way. They taught Jon to show respect and kindness to others no matter what.
Jon Draud’s life has been marked by incredible success. His time in office has produced landmark accomplishments for Kenton County as well as the Commonwealth at large. Jon has a long and storied history, in which he quite literally pulled himself up by hard work, determination, and a strong desire to serve others.
Jon is a family man, father, and husband to his supportive wife, Beverly. Jon and Beverly have three children: Dr. Jon Draud is a psychiatrist, Scott Draud is an educator, and Dr. Kimberly Rohmiller is a radiologist. They are also blessed with 6 grandchildren.
Jon has been active with Right to Life and he is currently a member of St. Pius Catholic Church.
A CAREER IN EDUCATION & POLITICS
Jon Draud knows there are two things necessary to be truly successful: (1) Work hard and (2) get an education. This may look differently for different people, but the belief remains the same…Work hard and never stop learning.
Jon’s Teaching Career Spans 50+ Years:
- KY Commissioner of Education
- Director of University Partnerships, NKU
- Professor, NKU
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Xavier University
- Superintendent, Ludlow Independent School District
- President, NKY Superintendents Association
- Secretary, NKY School Boards Association
- Board Member, KY Association of School Superintendents
- Board Member, Kenton County Board of Education
- Board Member, Education Alliance
- Member, NKY Business Educator Alliance
- Principal, Lockland Middle School in Ohio
- Principal, Covington Third District School
- Teacher, Covington Holmes High School
Jon’s Political Career & Civic Involvement Has Included:
- Northern Kentucky Republican State Legislator (63rd District)
- Kenton County Commissioner (currently serving)
- KY Commissioner of Education
- Member, NKY Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Crestview Hills City Council
- Member, NKY Visitors & Convention Bureau
BACKGROUND IN ATHLETICS
Jon Draud was inducted into Eastern Kentucky University’s (EKU) Baseball Hall of Fame in 2016. https://ekusports.com/honors/hall-of-fame/jon-draud/125
- State Championship Baseball Coach at Covington Holmes High School.
- Graduate Assistant Coach at EKU for the Maroons’ baseball team.
- Baseball Player at EKU (1957 – 1960).
- Doctorate of Education, University of Cincinnati
- Minor Studies in Political Policy, University of Cincinnati
- Master of Arts, Xavier University
- Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree, Eastern Kentucky University
- Ludlow High School
NOTEWORTHY AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Jon Draud has received numerous awards in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area and he has had buildings in Edgewood and Ludlow named in his honor. Some of those notable honors include:
- The Behringer-Crawford Museum’s Two-Headed Calf Award.
- EKU’s Most Outstanding Alumnus.
- Distinguished Citizenship Award from the Licking Valley Girl Scouts.
- Walter R. Dunlevy/Frontiersman Award from the NKY Chamber of Commerce.
- Outstanding Legislator from the NKY Area Development District.
- Kids First Advocacy Award from the KY School Boards Association.
- Paul Mason Legislative Advocate for Children Award from the KY Parent Teacher Association.